I’m thrilled to announce something groundbreaking from our company’s perspective and very uncommon and unique in the SaaS industry: a change to our pricing system that gives you a free hand and flexibility to create a plan tailored to your company’s needs.
Let me explain to you the “why” behind this decision and walk you through the details of how the new flexible pricing works.
Why did we change to flexible pricing?
We believe you should play by your own rules. That’s why we wanted to give you the freedom of choice concerning which features you want to use and pay for. You can design your own plan, tailored to your specific business needs, and with time you can add more advanced features that will allow you to scale up and make the most out of Woodpecker.
How does the new pricing work?
As I mentioned our new pricing is built in a way that gives you a free hand in adding extra features to the base, which includes the very core features of Woodpecker. Below I described them in more detail.
This pretty powerful arsenal includes:
The ability to contact up to 50 new people a day
Or in other words: 50 new sales opportunities each day.
Sometimes you need to knock on the door more than once to be heard. Following up is your next chance to get a reply and start a conversation. Did you know that campaigns with as many as one follow-up email get a 22% higher positive response rate, than the ones without any? As you can see, follow-ups really make a difference. Here’s more on the effectiveness of follow-ups >>
Speaking of follow-ups, it’s also worth mentioning that Woodpecker has an automatic reply detection mechanism. It means that your follow-up sequence will be stopped once a reply from a prospect comes in. You won’t mistakenly follow up with someone who already sent you a reply as it may happen when you handle follow-ups manually.
Unlimited team members
You can add as many users as you want and collaborate with them under one account.
Free email list verification & validation
Email address verification is crucial to minimize the risk of hard bounces that may cause your domain to be blocked by spam filters and eventually end up on a blacklist. Thanks to built-in integration with Bouncer every single email on your list is automatically verified before sending. If some email addresses turn out to be invalid, Woodpecker won’t send them emails.
One of the most important things you should do before sending cold emails at scale is to set SPF and DKIM in the DNS records of your domain (here’s how to do it). It can be tricky for beginners but don’t worry, you can check if you set them up correctly in your Woodpecker panel. Here’s more on that >>
Open, click and response detection
Opens, clicks, and replies are the key metrics you should keep an eye on to assess your campaign’s success. This way you can make informed decisions based on solid data and optimize your next campaigns for even better results. Check how to draw conclusions from your stats >>
Integration with any email provider
Doesn’t matter if you use Gmail, Office 365, or any other email account, including Mailgun and Sendgrid. Woodpecker clicks with any email provider out there.
Send powerful emails & boost replies
In addition to the basic set of features, you can supercharge Woodpecker with extra features, that we call add-ons:
This add-on is a set of three extra features that allow creating more complex and engaging email sequences:
- If-campaigns allow you to send follow-ups triggered by the action your prospect takes to add even more personalization to your campaigns. You prepare two versions of a follow-up and define a trigger action that will ping Woodpecker to send a respective message. In a nutshell, with If-campaigns you can tailor the content of your messages to your prospect’s level of engagement and thus increase your chance to get a reply. Read about If-campaigns in more details here >>
- A/B tests give you the ability to fine-tune your message, see what works best for a specific group of prospects, and also improve your deliverability rate. Read more about A/B tests here >>
- With manual tasks, you can create multi-step email sequences. They’re steps that you can include within the campaign flow, e.g. to make a phone call to a prospect or to update their data. This way you’ll stay better organized and increase your chance to close the deal. Read more about manual tasks here>>
API keys & integrations
With this add-on you’ll be able to integrate Woodpecker with other tools you use and create a seamless workflow to make your sales process more efficient:
- If you use Hunter, UpLead, LeadFuze or LeadPresso for finding leads, you can automatically transfer new contacts to a chosen campaign in Woodpecker.
Learn more about native integration with Hunter >>
Check the details of LeadFuze integration >>
- If Pipedrive is your sales pipeline management tool, you can export data from Woodpecker to Pipedrive automatically. You can also see if a prospect opened your email, replied to it, or whether it bounced. If you mark a prospect as interested, that data will show in your Pipedrive dashboard, too. Here’s what else you can do with this integration >>
- Native integration with Google Sheets solves the pain of storing dozens of CSV files on your desktop and sending them back and forth between other team members. You can integrate your spreadsheet directly with Woodpecker database. Here’s how it works in details >>
- With Woodpecker for WordPress plugin you can automate your inbound lead generation process. The data you collect using a lead generation form on your website will be automatically transferred to a chosen campaign in Woodpecker, so you can get in touch with those contacts as quickly as possible and strike the iron while it’s hot. Read more about the plugin here >>
- Do you organize webinars? To boost your webinar ROI you can create a webinar sales funnel by integrating your webinar tool, such as Zoom, GoToWebinar, WebinarJam/Ever Webinar, join.me or Demio with Woodpecker. You’ll be able to create a follow-up sequence for each stage of the funnel: to drive more registrations, boost the show-up rate, or reach out to those who missed the event.
- 2500+ Zapier integrations gives you an abundance of automation options. Check some of the available zaps here >>
- You can also sync your Woodpecker contact base with PieSync or LeadsBridge for various advanced automation flows with other tools.
And this is not the end – there’s more. See all available integrations here >>
This is a solution dedicated to companies that perform services to their own clients. It allows you to manage all your clients’ campaigns under one roof, smoothly shift between their accounts, and have a clear picture of all the running campaigns in one dashboard.
In addition to these extra features, you can also increase the limit of new people you can contact a day from 50 to 200 or go unlimited, according to your needs.
Ok, but why the limits? Can’t I send 1 million emails a day?
The limits serve your domain’s safety. In the beginning, I advise you to take a lean approach to your cold email campaigns as sudden increases in emails sent daily may alarm the SPAM filters. Then, when your email account is well warmed-up, it’s safe to scale up and increase the limit.
What is a slot?
When you enter the new pricing page, you can notice that the billing is based on slots. A slot is a placeholder spot for connecting your email address. To visualize it, imagine a slot is like a socket and your email address is a plug. Slots in Woodpecker work the same way.
You’ll be charged by the total number of slots you have. Mind you that you can connect only one email address per slot, just like you can insert only one plug into a socket.
What set of features would work best for me?
During the trial, you’ll have a chance to try all the available features and test how they fit into your workflow. However, if you need a piece of advice on what to put a special focus on, here are my suggestions.
If you’re a newbie, I recommend you to start lean and keep the limit of 50 new people contacted a day to maintain good deliverability. Sending cold email campaigns to hundreds of prospects right off the bat may result in getting blocked by SPAM filters. Start slow and scale up with time.
In the beginning, before you find out what resonates best with your contacts, you’ll have to test various ways to win their interest. The best way to do that is to prepare a few versions of your email, A/B test them and compare the results. Then, when you target a different group of contacts, for example from a different industry, again, A/B test what works best in their case.
The point of your email outreach is to start and build relationships. So to have more time for that, automate tasks which can be automated and free yourself of manual work as much as possible. Integrate tools you use and create automated workflows, so part of the work will be done in the background without you even thinking about it.
You know pretty much about email sequences and now you’re looking for ways to optimize your campaigns for even better results.
The limit of 200 new people to contact a day is a go-to option to safely scale your outreach. And if you already have experience in managing multiple campaigns and good control over your deliverability, go unlimited.
Speaking of deliverability, did you know that you can use A/B tests to increase your deliverability rate? The more versatile the content of your messages, the better, even if it’s just about adding a few tweaks to each email version (and you can add up to five of them).
To boost sales engagement your campaigns need some extra personalization. As you know contacts who didn’t open your email should be approached in a different way than those who opened it a couple of times. Both groups require different communication to hit the right note and encourage them to get involved in a conversation. You could use If-campaigns to design follow-up sequences tailored to both kinds of recipients and thus increase the chance that they will respond positively.
Ready to test the features in practice?
See what set of features works best for your current needs and keep the flexibility to change it according to your business’ development.
Send powerful emails & boost replies
Step-by-step Guide to A/B Testing Cold Emails and Follow-ups in Woodpecker
Cold emailing requires some experimentation and learning by trial and error to get it right, trying out different subject lines or various versions of email copy to see what’s working and what’s not. And there’s no better way to find that out than by A/B testing. Today I have a pleasure to introduce you to A/B tests in Woodpecker, a new feature we’ve just rolled out. First, let’s have a closer look at what elements of your cold email you should test to improve your open and reply rates. And then I’ll show you how to carry out an A/B test step by step based on an example. Here we go.
LinkedIn Manual Tasks: Make LinkedIn Outreach Easier and Close More Deals
It’s my pleasure to announce that we’ve just rolled out an enhanced version of Manual Tasks. As of now, you can get easy access to your prospects' LinkedIn profiles and make LinkedIn outreach easier by adding LinkedIn Manual Tasks as a step in a campaign.
Introducing If-campaigns: Send Follow-ups that Boost Sales Engagement
Today I’d like to share some exciting news with you. We’re releasing a new campaign model that will allow you to send follow-ups triggered by the action your prospect takes to add even more personalization to your campaigns. If-campaigns, as the new model is called, are now available for all users. Let me explain to you how they work and what a breakthrough they are for your follow-up strategy and email deliverability.