New Year’s Eve is approaching and this means that It’s time for our traditional year-end sum-up. But this time, I’d like to take a little bit bigger step back in time. Back to 2015.
It’s been more than 4 years since Woodpecker kicked off. A lot has happened since then. We built a team of almost 60 people and have more than 2500 customers onboard from around 67 countries and various industries. It’s been a time of intensive development for us.
Let’s see what’s been going on since Woodpecker‘s early days and where we’re now.
4 years of developing and improving Woodpecker
Since Woodpecker was launched back in 2015, we’ve been working hard on making it better and better. We carefully listened to our customers’ needs and tried to add features that would make their workflow as smooth as possible.
So what’s been the major updates?
This feature made campaign management much simpler. No more getting lost in the campaigns. Now you can segregate them in folders for fast and easy access. Besides, when you have all the campaigns organized in folders, each team member can keep their campaigns in their own separate folders. It makes the searching process much more convenient and saves time.
Also, folders come in handy when you want to conduct some A/B tests. Read this blog post to find out how to use folders for split testing:
This new campaign model allows you to send follow-ups triggered by the action your prospect takes. It means that your campaign can now take two paths according to the prospect’s behavior. That trigger action is the condition that determined what follow-up message will be sent next. One follow-up will be sent if the condition is met, or in other words, when a prospect takes a specific action, and the other one in the opposite case.
This new campaign model adds an extra level of personalization because you can now better adjust the follow-up email content to the prospects’ level of engagement. Also, this is an additional boost to your email deliverability as your email copy is more varied
The If-campaigns are our biggest project since launching Woodpecker itself. They are also an introduction to something even greatest, so stay tuned!
Native Bouncer integration
Bouncer is a built-in tool that allows Woodpecker to send messages only to validated email addresses. It verifies your all prospects’ email addresses right before sending. This way you avoid hard bounces, ensure good deliverability rate and keep your domain safe.
Native Pipedrive integration
Pipedrive is a preferred CRM for many of Woodpecker users. Therefore we wanted to streamline their work with both tools. Thanks to Pipedrive native integration you can now sync the prospect data and email clicks/opens between Woodpecker and the CRM. Also, your sent emails, clicks, opens and replies, including auto-replies in Woodpecker are all pushed to Pipedrive as ‘Activities’.
Here’s more on how it works in practice:
Thanks to Zapier integration all Woodpecker users at the Team Pro plan can connect Woodpecker to 1500+ apps to automate their workflow even more. Sounds pretty awesome, doesn’t it?
Native LeadFuze integration
This integration allows you to automatically import your leads from LeadFuze to a campaign in Woodpecker. As simple and fast as it sounds.
Check out this blog post for more details on how it works and some prospecting tips:
4 years of blogging
Woodpecker blog has been created with a goal to share our know-how and experience with those who put their first steps in the cold emailing world. We’ve published more than 200 posts on our blog to date. That’s a whola lotta knowledge for our readers to absorb and put into practice.
We believe that a solid knowledge base is the foundation for successful cold emailing. It’s crucial to have a good understanding of the mechanism behind email automation to achieve good results. That’s why over the years our focus has always been on the topics related to deliverability and the technical nitty-gritty of email automation. Here are some of our most popular blog posts concerning deliverability you shouldn’t miss:
- What is SPF & DKIM? And Why You Want to Have It Set Up >>
- How to Check & Improve the Reputation of Your Domain and Email Server IP >>
- What Are the Email Sending Limits of Popular Email Hosts >>
- How to Warm Up Email Address Before Cold Outreach >>
Other pillars of cold emailing we’ve extensively covered on our blog are the email copy and prospecting. Both steps are the absolute cold emailing essentials. Prospecting is the first step to creating a successful campaign. It’s not only about building your contact list but also gathering necessary context for your communication. When you have the necessary information you can get down to writing your email copy. Check these must-read posts to learn more:
- 31 Tools and Services for Outbound Prospect List Building >>
- 15 Places Where You Can Find Prospects, Other Than LinkedIn >>
- How to Write a Cold Email that Actually Works: Six-Step Tutorial >>
This year we wanted to expand the scope of our blog beyond cold emailing and show you how follow-up automation can streamline the workflow across your whole company, not just a sales team. Thus, we’ve covered some of the most common use cases we came across among our customers. Read the below posts to find out what you can use follow-up automation for beside sales:
- Follow-up After a Webinar: How to Convert Inbound Leads Into Sales Vol. 1
- Follow-up After a Form Submission: How to Convert Inbound Leads Into Sales Vol. 2
- How Email Automation Can Help You Scale Your PR?
- How to Send A Networking Follow-up Email? 2 Simple Approaches
- Get More From Your Website: How to Convert Inbound Leads Into Sales Vol. 3
- Recruiters: How Can You Use Woodpecker At Your Agency?
- Use an AMA Session to Send Follow-ups: How to Convert Inbound Leads Into Sales Vol. 4
- Why Does Your Business Need Customer Testimonials & How to Get Them?
- Recruiting Email: How to Write a Script to Hire a Promising Talent
All in all, in 2019 we’ve published 56 blog posts, covering topics such as:
Cold emailing know-how
- 7 Cold Email Writing Services to Use, and When You Need Their Help
- Cold Email Deliverability: There Is Still A Lot to Learn – Webinar Recap
- These Stats Prove The Importance of Follow-up Emails
- 12 Irresistible Sales Email Subject Lines: Can You Spot The Pattern?
- 5 Gmail Tips That Could Be Useful For Cold Email Outreach
- Our Customers Taught Us A Lot About Cold Emailing, Here Are 5 Top Tips
- Expert RoundUp Vol. 1 – Conversational Marketing: Can it Boost Sales?
- What Do I Need to Know About Email Blacklists?
- Most Universal Cold Email Problems – Did You Face Any of Them?
- Email Engagement Rate: Why Your Campaign Stats Matter to SPAM Filters
- GDPR After Brexit: How It May Affect Cold Email?
- 5-Minute Campaign Audit for a Cold Email Newbie
- A Step-by-Step Guide to Regain a Good Domain Reputation
- Find a CRM That Works Great With a Cold Emailing Tool (Quick Guide)
- What You Should Definitely Steal From Cold Email Templates
- 2 Quick Tricks to Speed Up a Cold Email Campaign in Woodpecker
- Best Signatures for Sales Emails: Let’s Analyze What Makes Them Effective
- Getting Started With Outbound Outreach: Are You on the Right Track?
- SPAM Triggering Words: Should You Worry About Them?
Put knowledge into practice. Sign up now and start your first cold emailing campaign.
Put knowledge into practice. Sign up now and start your first cold emailing campaign.
Prospect list building
- Prospect List Building Tools Review Vol. 13: eGrabber’s Management-Finder
- Prospect List Building Tools Review vol. 14: Hunter
- What is Data-as-a-Service And Why Would You Use It? Interview with EasyLeadz
- Automate Prospecting and Outreach with LeadFuze + Woodpecker
- Easier Campaign Management in Woodpecker: Announcing Campaign Folders
- Get your Prospects’ Email Addresses Verified: Native Bouncer Integration
- Introducing If-campaigns: Send Follow-ups in Response to Recipient’s Action
We’ve also published 2 knowledge-packed ebooks that sum up the topics of email deliverability and sales follow-ups in detail:
These are the must-reads you can’t miss.
Over 2 years of Partner Program
Some time ago we discovered that many of our customers signed up for Woodpecker through a referral from another company or a recommendation from an influencer. That sparked the idea for creating a Partner Program that would unite and support all the Woodpecker evangelists as well as give them an opportunity to grow with us.
The idea of the Partner Program is easy. Every member receives a commission fee for each person who becomes a Woodpecker customer. We track that with unique referral links. When someone buys a Woodpecker.co premium account through your referral link, you will get 20% of each monthly payment we receive from them. That’s a pretty good deal, isn’t it?
Currently, our Partner Program counts over 700 members and grows every month. For some of our partners, it’s a source of steady income. If you’re a consultant, online training instructor, growth marketer, sales professional or a freelancer who is looking for new opportunities, you should definitely give it a try. Go to the Partner Program page to learn more and sign up for it.
Looking forward to what’s coming next!
This has been yet another great year for Woodpecker. Thank you all for being with us! We have some big plans for 2020, so stay tuned!
Happy New Year Y’all!