How to block an email in Outlook
To block an email in Outlook, you can follow these steps:
- Open Outlook and sign in to your account.
- Go to your Inbox or the folder where the email you want to block is located.
- Find the email from the sender you want to block and select it by clicking on it.
- In the toolbar at the top of the Outlook window, you'll see a "Junk" option. Click on it to open a drop-down menu.
- In the drop-down menu, select "Block Sender." Outlook will prompt you with a confirmation message asking if you want to block the sender. Click "OK" to proceed.
- Once you confirm the blocking action, Outlook will automatically move the selected email to the Junk Email folder and add the sender to your blocked list.
- If you want to review or manage your blocked senders list, go to the "Home" tab in the Outlook toolbar and click on the "Junk" button. From the drop-down menu, select "Junk E-mail Options."
- In the "Junk E-mail Options" window, navigate to the "Blocked Senders" tab. Here, you can view and edit your list of blocked senders. You can add or remove email addresses as needed.
By blocking a sender in Outlook, future emails from that sender will automatically be sent to your Junk Email folder, helping you reduce unwanted messages.