How to archive emails Outlook
To archive emails in Outlook, you can follow these steps:
- Open Outlook and sign in to your account.
- In the Outlook navigation pane, find and select the folder that contains the emails you want to archive. This could be your Inbox, Sent Items, or any other folder.
- Select the emails you want to archive. You can do this by clicking on individual emails while holding down the Ctrl key (Command key on Mac) to select multiple non-consecutive emails. If you want to select a range of emails, click on the first email, then hold down the Shift key and click on the last email in the range.
- Once the emails are selected, right-click on any of the selected emails to open a context menu. Alternatively, you can also use the toolbar at the top of the Outlook window.
- In the context menu or toolbar, find and click on the "Archive" option. It is usually represented by a folder icon with an arrow pointing into it.
- Outlook will automatically move the selected emails to the archive folder. The archive folder might be labeled as "Archive," "Archived Items," or it could be a custom folder you've set up.
By archiving emails, you're moving them out of your main inbox or other folders to a separate folder specifically designated for archived items. This helps keep your mailbox organized and reduces clutter, while still retaining access to the archived emails for future reference.
Please note that the exact steps for archiving emails in Outlook can vary slightly depending on the version of Outlook you are using and your specific configuration settings. However, the general process outlined above should work for most versions of Outlook.