How to block unwanted emails
To block unwanted emails in general, regardless of the email provider, you can follow these steps:
- Open the email application or website where you receive your emails (such as Gmail, Outlook, Yahoo Mail, etc.) and sign in to your account.
- Locate the unwanted email in your inbox or any other folder.
- Select the email by clicking on it or checking the box next to it.
- Look for options or icons in the email interface that are related to blocking or marking emails as spam. These options can vary depending on the email provider and client you are using. Here are some common methods for blocking unwanted emails:
- Mark as spam: Look for a "Spam" or "Report as spam" button/icon. Clicking on this option will not only move the selected email to your spam or junk folder but also help train the email provider's spam filters to recognize similar unwanted emails in the future.
- Block sender: Some email services provide a "Block" or "Block sender" option. This option will prevent any future emails from that specific sender from reaching your inbox. Blocked emails are usually sent to the spam or junk folder automatically.
- Create filters/rules: In some email clients, you can create filters or rules to automatically sort and handle incoming emails. Look for options like "Filters," "Rules," or "Settings" in your email account's settings. From there, you can set up rules to automatically send emails from specific senders or with certain keywords to the spam folder or delete them directly.
- Unsubscribe: If the unwanted email is from a legitimate source, such as a newsletter or marketing email, look for an "Unsubscribe" link or button usually found at the bottom of the email. Clicking on this link will allow you to opt-out of receiving future emails from that particular sender.
- Follow the appropriate steps based on the options provided by your email provider to block or mark the unwanted email as spam.
Remember that blocking or marking emails as spam may not be 100% effective, as some unwanted emails can still find their way into your inbox. Regularly check your spam or junk folder and adjust your filters or rules as needed to keep unwanted emails to a minimum.