Reasons for disconnecting the email
Email Accounts may sometimes have connection problems when Woodpecker is unable to log into those (this may happen for several reasons).
If you have any campaigns running from the disconnected email account, you will see them with an error message, such as:
- Problem with email – generic message concerning the email account
- Couldn’t connect to the host. Contact your email provider – issues with reaching the mail server (e.g. connection errors)
- Authentication failed – invalid login credentials (e.g. due to a recent password change)
Reconnecting the email
In most cases, the app will be able to automatically restore the connection. If this doesn’t happen, you can reconnect it manually:
- Navigate to Settings → Email Accounts.
- Click your email account in the list (it will be displayed in red, and an error message will display right below it).
- Click “Reconnect the email.”, then input/verify your login credentials, and click “Connect”/”Continue”. The App will then try and reconnect this email account.
Note: do not delete your account to add it again. Doing so will completely reset your inbox for that email in the App.
If the problem persists, you might need to verify your login credentials (which may have changed, for example, because the password was recently reset by you, or you have a new security token), or contact your email provider to further investigate the issue.