IN THIS ARTICLE
Manual GDPR encryption
- Go to your ‘Prospects’.
- Select the prospects you want to be removed (encrypted).
- Click on the ‘Actions’ tab which will appear on the right-hand side.
- Choose ‘GDPR encrypt’.
5. Click ‘Encrypt permanently’.
6. You successfully encrypted the data!
You’ll see that status of the GDPR-encrypted prospects will change to BLACKLISTED – that’s the sign their data was erased from our database. This way, Woodpecker helps you avoid contacting these prospects ever again.
Automatic GDPR encryption
Including the ‘unsubscribe’ link in the content of your message will give your prospect an easy way to opt-out. Here’s how to do that:
- Create or go to a previously added campaign and click ‘Edit’.
- Scroll down to the content of your message.
- Click ‘more’ to expand the selection of snippets.
- Select the UNSUBSCRIBE. The unsubscribe link will appear at the place of your cursor.
- Tick the box ‘GDPR compliant unsubscribe‘ (you’ll find it below Delivery time).
What happens next?
‘Unsubscribe’ link redirects your prospects to a page where they are presented 2 options:
- Choose to either simply opt out (UNSUBSCRIBE).
- Unsubscribe and have their data deleted from our database (unsubscribe and delete my data).
Whichever option they choose, their status will be changed to OPT-OUT and the tag #UNSUBSCRIBED will be added.
To ensure your campaign is GDPR compliant – read our guide.
Q: How to find the prospects who have unsubscribed?
A: Woodpecker adds the tag #UNSUBSCRBED and changes their status to OPT-OUT to all the prospects who unsubscribe. Here you can find the detailed instruction on how to find them in your Woodpecker account.
Q: What happens once the data gets encrypted?
A: Neither you nor Woodpecker will be able to process that personal data after that. You won’t be able to see the data. The data won’t be stored in the Woodpecker database anymore. In your Woodpecker panel, you’ll only see a string of bullet points instead of the personal data you entered.
Q: How can I know that the prospect in a campaign got encrypted?
A: Go to the Edit mode of your campaign. In the ‘Prospects‘ section, you’ll find the information about the number of your prospects. The contacts whose data was encrypted won’t be shown.
Q: How to style and adjust your ‘Unsubscribe’ link?
Have a look at our article here to learn how to accomplish this task.
To make sure the unsubscribe feature will work as intended, always use the snippet ‘Unsubscribe’ to add the ‘unsubscribe’ link (in every email in the sequence).
Simply copying the link from the content of other emails in your campaign (even if it is a previous email in the sequence) will not work, and the prospect will not be able to unsubscribe properly.