What is a condition?
A condition defines the action your prospect takes, which triggers the next email from your sequence to be sent.
IN THIS ARTICLE
There are 4 types of conditions to choose from:
- If a prospect has opened an email more than X times — specify how many times (X) you want a prospect to open your email for a condition to be met. X stands for the number and it can be changed.
- If a prospect has opened an email — it’s enough that a prospect opened your email at least once for a condition to be met.
- If a prospect has clicked on a link more than X times — add a tracking link in the previous mail and specify how many times (X) you want a prospect to click on a link in your email for a condition to be met.
X stands for the number and it can be changed.
- If a prospect has clicked on a link — a condition is met when your prospect clicks the link in your email at least once.
- If a prospect has a snippet X that equals your variable – you can specify a value in a custom field that when matched exactly with your variable, will move the prospect to path YES.
- If a prospect has a snippet X that contains your variable – you can specify a value in a custom field that, when partly matched with your variable, will move the prospect to path YES.
- If a prospect has a snippet X that is not empty – you can create different emails for prospects that have some data in custom filed, as those will go to path YES. Otherwise, instead of being marked as ‘Paused (missing snippet)’, the rest of them will be transferred to path NO where you can create an email copy for them without this snippet.
If there was a task created for a prospect and how it is resolved — add a manual task to your campaign before the condition and based on your action, whether you’ll mark it as ‘Done’ or ‘Skipped’ the prospect will go to path YES or NO.
If-campaigns allows you to prepare two versions of a follow-up and define a trigger action that will ping Woodpecker to send a respective message. That trigger action takes the form of a Condition.
By adding the Condition, your campaign can now take 2 Paths according to the prospect’s behavior. By applying the Condition, you can better adjust the follow-up email content to the prospects’ level of engagement.
Plus, it gives an additional boost to your email deliverability as your email copy is more varied and nuanced.
How to use conditions?
- Click “ADD CONDITION”,
- Select 1 of 4 conditions, based either on opens, clicks, or task.
If you use open-based conditions make sure you have an open tracking turned on. In case you use the condition based on clicks, adding a tracked link to your email copy is a must. Task-based condition is available when there is a task created in the campaign flow.
If you forget about something, Woodpecker will notify you about it. Here are the reminders you can find in the App:
- Turn on open tracking in the previous email
- How many times should prospect open the email before going down the YES path?
- Add tracking link to the previous email
- How many times should prospect click the link before going down the YES path?
How many conditions can I add?
You can add maximum one condition at any point to the whole email sequence.
How to remove conditions?
Hover over the condition so the red X appears. Click it and then confirm with the red button “Yes, I’m sure”.
What will happen to the emails in the sequence?
Removing the condition will delete all emails from Path NO.
When is removing conditions disabled?
You can’t remove the condition when at least one of your prospects has already met the condition.