While some of them usually go away after you give it another try, some of the connection failures cause an error, like this one:
We noticed that these errors are usually caused by the difficulties with:
- SMTP (outgoing server) a protocol that is used to send your messages.
- IMAP(incoming server) a protocol responsible for fetching your replies.
- Data provided, your credentials.
Learn more about IMAP&SMTP, click here »
How to fix connection errors:
Is your mailbox brand new perhaps? Did you create it just today or a couple of days ago? If the answer is yes:
- Send a couple of messages (at least 5) manually to your friends or colleagues.
- Ask them to send you a reply.
This process establishes a connection between your hosting server and the servers of other email providers. By the way, don’t forget to warm up your email address before you start your campaign. Read more »
- Please check if your mailbox has IMAP enabled. If not, please switch it on. If you have a Gmail account, here’s how to do this.
- Is there any forwarding enabled on the email account? If yes, switch it off. Here’s why.
- Is there any labeling or redirecting on to a different folder? This also has to be switched off.
- In case there’s 2-step verification enabled on your mailbox, please disable it for the time of connecting the mailbox.
- Does our message land in the SPAM or junk folder? If yes, please move it to Inbox.
- In case you’re an Agency owner, have a look at your client’s SPAM folder as your email may have landed there. Move it to the Inbox. You can also add your domain to the safe contacts.
3. Your details and data provided (login, password, IMAP & SMTP ports)
- Please make sure your login & password are correct.
- Besides, double-check the provided IMAP and SMTP server data. Try adding ports. Not working? For IMAP try adding port 993, for SMTP use ports 465 (most common) or 587. Port 25 usually doesn’t work.
- Make sure you’re not connecting Woodpecker through POP3 as this won’t work.
You’ve gone through all the options yet still struggling with connecting your email account? Other reasons might be:
- Your mailbox hasn’t been configured and authenticated properly. For Microsoft accounts, check their help page here.
- Your mailbox has been already connected. Check the list of your connected email accounts. Go to Settings → Email accounts.
- The main mailbox on the Agency account has been disconnected. Go to Settings → Email accounts and reconnect your mailbox.
- Alias which you’re trying to add hasn’t been configured correctly.